The exclusive eco-friendly Bush Camp is located on its own private wildlife sanctuary of 11 Km large protected and unspoiled general game reserve, between Kruger National Park and Blyde River Canyon. One of the best location to enjoy the 2 daily bush walks activities (morning and evening) as to go visit in self-drive the nearby magnificent Blyde River Canyon and the Kruger National Park (Orpen and Phalaborwa gates).
Go on foot In the bush for an intimate and secured approach with a professional field guide of zebras, giraffes, wildebeest, Impalas, Kudus, Nyaalas, Bush Buck, Waterbuck, Steenbuck, Duiker, Whartog, Vervets, Jackals, Rock dassies, Porcepines, Genettes, Bushpigs, etc. and discover a lot of beautiful birds as the medicinal plants of the bush.
No dangerous game during the day (NO BIG 5) but leopards and hyenas may come in the Bush Camp at night, not allowing to go out of the tents after dinner.
In case of time to time visit of lions, elephants, buffalos, rhinos, cheetahs or wild dogs coming from the close by Kruger National Park, the security patrol will inform the field guides to avoid them during the bush walks and to maintain the safety of everybody.
A 4 nights stay allow to do the bush walks as to go on self-drive visit the Blyde River Canyon and to spend 2 days in the Kruger National Park using Orpen and Phalaborwa gates not far (1Hour drive).
However, a minimum of 2 nights stay at the Bush Camp is required.
Check in 14H.
Afternoon: Tea, Coffee, biscuits, fruit juices will be served at 15H.
Evening: Guided Bush Walk from 16H to 18H.
Bar opening at 19H. Dinner around the fire under the stars at 19H30.
Morning: Guided Bush Walk from 6H30 to 8H30.
English breakfast will be served at 9H every day.
Check Out 10H.
For those leaving early in the morning to visit the Blyde River Canyon or the Kruger National Park in self-drive, a continental room service (juice, yogurt, milk, cereal, boiled egg, butter, jam, bread, rusk, tea, coffee, hot chocolate) will be delivered to their tent by the Bush Camp staff.
Check out 10H.
Since 1999, the Bush Camp is ecological friendly using only organic soaps and cosmetics. Recycling is a must. Wild animals are protected and they feel secured enough to walk into the Bush Camp, showing that if they are respected and not hunted, they can change their behavior with people. To respect wildlife and fight poaching, no game meat will be served at the Bush Camp. Vegetarian food on request.
- RATESUp to October 2018, DBB Rack rate R 1470 per person per night sharing with a minimum of 2 nights. Tea, Bar, Dinner around the fire under the stars (weather depending), Night, early Room Service or English breakfast at 9H. 2 Guides Bush Walk are included in the price to discover this unspoiled bush part of the Kruger ecosystem.Drinks are in extra to pay on site every night after dinner in cash (no visa facility in the bush) except complementary water, tea, coffee and juices for breakfast and tea time.
Arrival in Self Drive for check in at 14H. Departure after Breakfast for check out at 10H.
Same rate for adult and children.
Single supplement + 50%: R 2205
Optional BIG 5 GAME DRIVE at MOPAYA SAFARI LODGE from 11H to 15H : R 1200 Per person (minimum 2) to book at the Bush Camp, availability depending.
- CHILDREN welcome from 7 years old under the responsibility of their parents at a same rate than an adult. Children must be escorted by an adult at any time and must not be staying alone in a tent or an African hut because of possible baboons, reptiles, insects, etc. present in the Kruger ecosystem.
- Professional Guides willing to share their knowledge will conduct the walks with respect about wildlife, environment and local long term development.
- SAFARI TENTS (16 Single Beds)
2 Family Tents-Suites (S1 – S2) for 2 adults and 2 children with large bathroom and shower. Total 8 people.
4 Double-Tents (D3 D34 D5 D6) for 2 people with shower. Total 8 people.
- THE BUSH CAMP
Reception, bar, lounge, dining room, swimming pool, free Wi-Fi.Free walking in the Bush Camp during the day but not at night after dinner because of possible visits of Leopards and Hyenas. Children must always be escorted by an adult.
- Only 1 Hour drive from MOPAYA BUSH CAMP, the « BIG 5 » MOPAYA SAFARI LODGE is offering 11.000 Hectares of traversing on Balule Private Game Reserve inside the Kruger National Park. Optional Open 4X4 BIG 5 Game Drives are offered every day from 11H to 15H on request, to Book at the Bush Camp, availability: R 1200 per person (minimum 2). Timing of the “BIG 5” Game Drive is starting at 11H to allow morning bush walk and breakfast at the Bush Camp before going in Self Drive at 10H to the Lodge.
- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Full nonrefundable payment is required to confirm a booking.
If cancellation or not showing, a penalty of 100% will apply and no refund will be done.
- BUSH CAMP DETAILS
Cell Phone : + 27 78 226 67 89 / WHATS APP
GPS : S 24Degrés 15.312` / E 030 Degrés 43.762`