Mopaya Safari Lodge
Mopaya Safari Lodge is nestled in one of the most wildlife-rich ecosystems of the world-famous Kruger National Park in South Africa, offering a variety of exceptional “Big 5” safaris under the guidance of passionate Guides-Rangers who will share their knowledge, love of wild animals and experience of the bush, on 11.000 Hectares of pristine wilderness traversing.
To preserve the privacy of the participants, the Lodge offers 2 Family Tents-Suites for 2 parents and 2 children each, 4 Double Tents for 2 people each and a Duplex Loft in the African Manor for 2 parents and 3 children. Total of 18 Guests.
Bathrooms, showers, W.C., Mini Bars, Wi-Fi at the Lodge and in all Tents. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Observatory of relaxation and sport, Look Out Tower and access to the beautiful Olifants River for sundowners in front of hippos and crocodiles.
Voluntarily open to the wild, there are no fences in Mopaya where Lions, Elephants, Buffaloes and all the other wild animals of the Kruger National Park circulate freely between the Lodge and the Tents of Safaris, regularly observed from the terrace of the pool and rooms.
ROYAL SAFARI Package (Full Board with the famous Mopaya Safari Program since 1999).
from 286 Euros per person per night in a double room, Full Board, 3 meals a day, snacks, drinks included (water, tea, coffee, fruit juice, sodas, beers, ciders, except cocktails, wines and champagnes extra) with a base of 2 “Big 5” safaris per day, morning and evening or full day, in an open 4X4 on the 11.000 Hectares of traversing of the Private Game Reserve of the Lodge forming part of the Kruger National Park.
And in addition, included in this rate, spread over a week to benefit from the complete Safaris program chosen by the majority of participants and which has made the reputation of Mopaya since 1999, in 7 nights / 8 days:
- 1 Private boat safari in Kruger National Park, usually on Sunday with lunch on board during the crossing.
- 1 open 4×4 Safari in the “Big 5” Private Reserve richest in rhinoceros and cheetahs.
- 1 “Big 5” night Drive, according to the roars heard from the Lodge’s terrace during dinner or later during the night, with the permission of the participants to wake them up in case of arrival of lions or leopards around the Lodge!
- 1 open 4X4 Safari and 1 Bush Walk to the Mopaya Bush Camp Wildlife Sanctuary located 1 hour drive from Mopaya Safari Lodge.
- 1 Bush Dinner around the fire, under the stars (weather depending).
- 1 Conference on the C.R.E.S.A.M., Non Profit Company hosted by Mopaya since 2003 to save the endangered cheetahs and the world’s only program of reproduction and reintroduction on the Reserve in their natural environment.
The order of these safaris can be reversed in the interest of the participants and in particular according to the opportunities that can be presented at any time in Mopaya.
Arrival possible every day (Check-In) at 14H for installation and high tea at 15H before the afternoon Safari and dinner at the Lodge in the evening.
Daily check-out from the Lodge (Check-Out) at 11am after the morning Safari and Brunch.
Minimum 3 nights at the Lodge for ROYAL SAFARI package knowing that it is necessary to stay 7 nights / 8 days in Mopaya to benefit from the full ROYAL SAFARI package, as the majority of participants since the creation of the Lodge.
Possibility to come to Mopaya with your own car or rental vehicle. The nearest agencies are located at Phalaborwa (PHW) airports 35 minutes away and Hoedspruit (HDS) 1 hour away, directly connected to Johannesburg Airport (OR TAMBO).
The Lodge can also arrange chauffeur-driven transfers to and from Johannesburg, Nelspruit, Hoedpruit or Phalaborwa airports as well as a Blyde River Canyon tour upon request from the booking office in France:
firstname.lastname@example.org / +33 673 17 28 45
Free Wi-Fi at the Lodge and in all Safari tents.